Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dinner Tonight

I tried a new recipe from a new cookbook. "Savory Yellow and Green Zucchini Pancakes". The title is so delicious it made my mouth water. However, I learned a few valuable lessons from attempting this recipe. First, actually the only lesson I learned, is to follow the directions exactly! If you don't, it simply doesn't turn out as good, in this case it wasn't even edible! (I unfortunately get lazy when I cook and have to learn this same lesson over and over again, just follow the recipe!) Instead of grating the zucchini and yellow squash, which the recipe calls for, I chopped it in my chopper because I did not have an electric grater...who wants to grate it all by hand?! This caused the consistency to be very different...perhaps too different. The batter was too watery to form pancakes. Then, unfortunately, I added twice the amount of onion the recipe called for. This mistake was not intentional. I didn't even notice until Paul asked to see the recipe after tasting the vile concoction. Paul tried to improve the meal by adding sugar to counter-act the bitter and potent taste of onion. He topped the meal by adding about a cup of ketchup to his meal! I took a few bites and couldn't finish. After dinner Paul took the rest of the...meal, and put it in a tuperware container. I said "Um, your saving that?!" Paul said, "Yea, I'll eat it tomorrow. We shouldn't waste good food." I said, "That is not good food!"
This is what was for dinner tonight!

0 comments: