Sunday, June 15, 2008

Paul's Birthday Extravaganza






Saturday was my birthday, and Ashley and Aubrey whipped up an amazing birthday extravaganza. Ashley made the coolest caterpiller cake I think I have ever seen. She is amazing at making cakes and it was a lot of fun to see. We wanted to see how Aubrey would respond to the cake and so we put a half of a caterpiller segment on her tray. At first, she was reluctant to touch it because the frosting was spikey. After we removed the frosting, however, she just chowed down. In fact, we had to take it away because she was biting off large chunks. Anyway, we learned that this little girl loves chocolate cake.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

that is the most amazing cake ever! I think you have arrived! Have you guys been getting emails from Nae on the Payne family reunion in Sept. 2009??

JMM said...

Feliz Cumpleanos! That is an awesome cake.

Erin said...

Cute Cake! I'm so impressed. I saw a book at Barnes and Noble called "Hello, Cupcake!" that I thought would be perfect for you.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Paul! Ashley, you make the cutest most amazing cakes! I really want one!

Millers said...

happy belated birthday paul. sorry I forgot about your birthday I haven't been the best friend the last little while I will do better keeping in touch. Your daughter is a cute little girl.