Sunday, June 15, 2008

Coralville Strip--Under Water!!!




These are some images of the Coralville strip on Saturday morning at 7:30a.m. Many of the buildings along the strip have water halfway up the first story. There is one family in the ward that lived near and had to evacuate before they could get their belongings out of their apartment, and their apartment is now flooded. Other families' apartments are damaged, but as far as I know, none of them will lose belongings in the flood. Today (Sunday) we went sandbagging again as a ward in Iowa City, and I just got back after the city called off the sandbagging efforts. I guess they think that what has been done is sufficient, and that now we will just wait to see what happens and prepare for the monumental cleanup effort.

1 comments:

Linda said...

Man, that is just amazing to me! I just hate hearing of all the problems you guys are having back there! Hang in there, it will get better!(Right?)