Thursday, February 3, 2011

Family Christmas Party

This year Santa was able to stop by a family Christmas party we went to. In years past the girls have been terrified of Santa and have only received a candy cane for all their tears. This year it only took one child sitting on Santa's lap for Aubrey to realize that she would get a whole bag of candy if she sat on his lap...I think she was child number 2 in line! When he asked what she wanted for Christmas, she simply stated that she wanted a reindeer. So much for the dog! Hailey also quickly realized that there were bags of candy involved. However, instead of going to Santa she went directly to Santa's elf and repeatedly asked for a bag of candy, completely bypassing Santa. When the elf wouldn't budge, Hailey was next up to sit on Santa's lap. After the rest of the children had their turn with Santa, Hailey slyly took advantage of Santa's age and fading memory to sit on his lap yet again and get a second bag of candy! That's my girl!!!



Hailey was not fooled by that beard.

"Look Mom, another bag of candy!"

2 comments:

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

I died laughing, who goes back for seconds? LOVE HER! I have been thinking about you like crazy and I was giong to stop by the other night while I was out doing visiting teaching I miss ya lets get together soon.

Linda said...

How fun! Love this post!