Saturday, February 5, 2011

Aubrey's Little Accident

Aubrey usually waits to go potty until we are sitting up to the table and have already said prayer over our food. She will then wiggle all around while she takes a bite or two, then promptly get down from the table and run to the bathroom. The last couple of days I decided to teach her that she needs to ask to be excused before getting down from the table. (I should also state that before meals I ask her if she needs to go potty and she insistently tells me that she does not. If I make her go before the meal she usually starts crying, telling me she doesn't have to. So I am not oozing with sympathy when she is wiggling uncomfortably in her chair.) It was lunch and we had just finished the prayer. Aubrey stuffed a few bites in her mouth and then got down to run to the bathroom. As she was leaving the kitchen I stopped her and told her she needed to ask to be excused. As I am telling her this I am watching her,her face full of concern and concentration, legs crossed, and pee starting to trickle down her legs. As the pee came down her face relaxed and I couldn't help but laugh. It was quite a funny situation.

3 comments:

JMM said...

I still haven't figured out a way to laugh about accidents like that, though it seems like Aubry is more of a veteran that Bekah and less likely to have them. I can imagine her little face. We miss you guys and I think about your family often. We wish we were close again. Can you think about applying for work in Arizona? Please?

The Sheffield's said...

I am glad that you decided to share this story. When we are in town this summer and if we have dinner together, I will be sure to ask to be excused from the table. I would hate for this to happen to me!

Gretchen said...

Carter does the exact same thing! It's driving me crazy. I miss you and your family!