Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Ashley!

My birthday was this last week and, for my birthday, I wanted to make a cake. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work due to all the colors I used. I had to re-learn a lesson that I first learned on the last fondant cake I made...don't roll the fondant out too thin! I also learned to really kneed and work with the fondant to make it nice and smooth before rolling it out. So, here is the first fondant attempt, looking more like old wrinkly skin. The second attempt turned out much better! For my birthday the girls and my father-in-law got me cake decorating supplies while Paul promised me a 1 hour back massage!!! Heaven! In all, it was a wonderful birthday!(Sorry we didn't get more pictures!)




3 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

Such a fun cake. Miss you guys.

Sara said...

You're a libra too? No wonder I like you so much! My bday is this Thursday. Hope you had a great day...good looking cake!

Miss you too!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! I hope it was a great day for you, your cake was beautiful!