Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I am a mother

I am a mother. I am not JUST a mom, or ONLY a mom, but I am a mother! I have two wonderful children who mean the world to me. I can kiss away their owies; I can sooth away their bad dreams; I can comfort them when sad; I second for a bucking bronco or a tickle monster. I am a great story teller and story reader...for hours and hours on end! When tummies are upset and the girls have thrown up so many times that we are running out of clean blankets to give them, I am the mom who gets to sit up and rock and rock and rock them to sleep, soothing their aching tummies and drying their tear stained eyes. I get to hold them and cherish them, knowing that they feel safe and secure and loved with my arms around them. Not all aspects of motherhood are glamorous or fun, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have been blessed with the two most beautiful girls in the world. I am so grateful to be their mother. I am a mother!

2 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

And you are a wonderful mother!

Linda said...

Well said!