Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Car Problems



Sometimes it is hard to take a trip without something going wrong. Before we left for Indiana I took the car into Jiffy Lube to have the oil changed and a belt replaced. After leaving I noticed there was a rattling noise coming from the passenger side of the engine. I dismissed the noise and thought we would just have the car checked when we came back into town. We went to Indiana with no problems, but the rattling was very loud. Paul suggested that we have the car looked at before going back home. We took the car into another Jiffy Lube in Lafayette and they found that the mechanic who had changed our oil left his light in the engine. They use these lights in order to see better into the engine and it now had a big hole burned into it from the heat of the engine. So, the moral of the story is that if you take your car into Jiffy Lube and then hear a rattling sound when you leave, beware!!!

4 comments:

Dana Marchant said...

I hate car problems! So sorry you had to deal with it on Spring Break too. Hope it all gets fixed up right this time.

Heidi Miller said...

Wow, I've missed a lot of posts. I just wanted to say, LOVE the palm tree hair, LOVE the easter dress, Love the pics from chicago, and I especially LOVE the picture of the burnt up lamp! HA!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...gotta hate that. Glad it wasn't more serious, though!

Stallion said...

Ashley,

I was so happy that you called today. It has been a while since we had a woman to woman talk. I was so bothered by the folks that came to my door - and I tried all afternoon to call you back. I think your phone was off the hook because I couldn't get through. I didn't want you to think that I forgot - I'm looking forward to finishing our conversation. We love you guys and hope all is going well

Joce