Saturday, March 15, 2008

Belly Flab

Lately I have been on a no sugar diet and have been exercising and doing almost a million sit-ups a day. (Perhaps that is a very slight exaggeration, but I have been doing a lot of sit-ups.) After a few weeks of this strict diet and exercise plan, I decided to take inventory. The outcome: I still have the flabby tummy that I had when Aubrey was born. I can still grab layers and layers of flab. Does anyone else have this probem? Any suggestions of how to get rid of it?

2 comments:

crush said...

Girl, those babies really do a number on your body, don't they!! My advice would be to cut out high fat foods, too and try to eat 5-6 small meals a day with an equal portion of carbs and protien. Watch your portions....don't eat until you're 'full'-- eat until you're satisfied. That usually is a lot less than full. Also, you've got to add some cardio to your workout. Sit-up's alone will not do the job. These excercises are strenghtening and toning your ab muscles, but it they're still covered in fat, it doesn't matter how toned the muscles are, you still won't be able to see them. So, you've got to burn fat somehow. Jog, run, swim, bike. Do anything you can think of. If you really want to step it up, join a gym. This way you can do cardio a few times a week and then do weights a few times a week. The more muscle you build the faster you burn fat. Then, do allow yourself to indulge every once in a while. It's not very practical to say that you're never going to have sugar or sweets again. That is just too extreme. But say, one day a week you can eat whatever you want...something like that. This is how I lost about 80 lbs. after I had Connor. Email me if you have questions: crushmomma3@yahoo.com

Heidi Miller said...

I have a suggestion. Make sure Paul gets really rich and then after you have all of your kids, have plastic surgery. That's my plan. :o)