Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Iowa State Fair


One of the coolest sights to see were the butter sculptures. This is a life size butter sculpture of Shawn Johnson.

Butter sculpture of a cow.

Behind us is a 3,000 pound cow! It was enormous and I don't know if it can stand.

This is a picture of a 1,200 pound pig. Pretty gross, huh?! It was laying there snoring the whole time we were watching it.

There was a fountain that kids could run through to cool off. Paul and Aubrey thought it was a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I can't believe those butter sculptures! Amazing. Looks like you had fun!

kitty said...

Annie,

It's been a while since I devoted a good amount of time to bloggin. I really enjoyed checking out your blog and catching up on your life. You guys sure do take the time to enjoy your surrounding areas - I'm impressed. Aubrey looks cute as a button, and I love your new family picture. Wish we were able to make it to Cal. to see you. Give everyone a hug for me, and by the way - move to Boise......good economy.....lots of crafting. Besides, I need a cake buddy.:)

love you
joce

The Poulson's said...

Ash! my long lost cousin! How are you?? Oh my goodness i have never seen your little aubrey! She looks so much like you! How are you guys? I am so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch! I hope all is well I love you! Congrats on your 2nd!!
Jani