Saturday, May 3, 2008

Week Five





This week we learned how to do sunflowers, roses, and rosebuds. It is my sister Tracy's birthday on Sunday so I made a sunflower cake for her. The only thing I didn't do was the lettering. I was in a bit of a hurry to finish the cake so my teacher did the writing for me. (For her birthday she sent me a cake decorating package and it was so much fun! She gave me some fun new tips and books to use while I decorate.) Then I practiced my roses and rosebuds on wax paper. Roses are easier than I thought they would be, although mine are still far from perfect!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so impressed. I am totally signing up for a class. And your quilt is SO CUTE! I like the idea of trading quilt blocks too. Very fun. Your little girl is so dang cute!!!

Heidi Miller said...

You are so good! I really think this class would have been so fun. I should have done it with you. :O( Btw, I commented on your last three posts in case you want to check them. :o)