Friday, April 11, 2008

Rough Night

Last night was pretty rough at our house. I got home from my cake decorating class and stayed up later than usual trying to clean up the frosting mess. When Paul and I made it to bed and started to drift into a sleeping wonderland, someone's car alarm went off about two or three times. That woke us both up and we once again tried to drift off to sleep. About 15 minutes later the car alarm went off again. This time it continued to go off every minute for the next 15 minutes. I peeked out the window and saw the owner of the car get in and start it and back it up and try to get the alarm to stop. However, when he locked the car the alarm started going off again. We are managers of our apartment complex...the complex that has a noise ordinance so things are suppose to be quiet here!!! Paul went down to the tenant's apartment and, after knocking for a while, the tenant answered the door. Paul told him that he needed to do something to make the alarm stop and the tenant replied the he had just unlocked the doors which should disable the alarm. Perfect! Once again we went back upstairs and tried to nestle in and get a good night sleep. About 10 minutes later I hear a walkie talkie similar to the one you hear a police officer carrying around. I look out the window and there is a police car sitting in our parking lot and a police man standing outside our apartment complex. I went back downstairs and spoke to the policeman and explained the situation. The person who called the police (another one of our tenants) also came out and said she thought someone was playing a practical joke by making the car alarm continue to go off. I told them that the alarm had problems and the tenant has taken care of the situation...thank you. When I went upstairs Paul asked me if I was having a hard time sleeping. I said yes and asked him the same. He said he was having a hard time sleeping because there were people yacking outside! I told him that it was just me and the police officer having a pleasant conversation!!! Hopefully tonight will be a little bit better. If I have to hear one more car alarm go off I think I am going to break something!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Ash! That does sound like a rough night!

I'm totally trying to get into cake decorating too! Your cakes look awesome. I hope to start a class soon, do you like it so far?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.