Friday, December 3, 2010

I went to Boise in November and got to see one of my dearest friends, Abby! We were next door neighbors in Iowa City and I practically lived at her apartment, especially in the evenings when the girls were in bed and Paul was studying. Thank heaven for wonderful friends. It was so great to see Abby and cute little Paige! (Hailey really was happy about the visit. She was unhappy about being confined for a picture.)

While we were in Boise my sister spoiled the girls rotten! Here they are with their new pillow pets and toys! Bliss!

This is my first cake using ganache frosting, (thank you once again to "Hello Cupcake". Thanks Abby!) It was unbelievably easy...OK OK, it wasn't real ganache. It was the fake stuff (that's probably why it was so easy) but worked like a charm. I decorated the cake with orange peels. I should have waited until the cake was more dry because the orange peels sunk into the frosting. Oh well, it tasted delicious! Yum!

0 comments: