Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast






We celebrated Thanksgiving in Indiana with my brother this year. Instead of cooking turkey the traditional way in the oven, we fried ours. It turned out to be one of the best turkeys I've ever had! You deep fry the turkey for about 30 minutes. The outside becomes black and hard, but the oil seals all the juices inside so the meat is very moist and delicious. It may not look appetizing, but it really was delicious! Because the oil seals the turkey meat inside, it is not greasy at all and is suppose to be just as healthy as cooking the turkey in the oven. The final picture is the scrumptious spread of food. I take no credit. My brother and sister-in-law did all the cooking and I was merely there for conversation. Talk about a great Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Amz said...

I have heard that that IS delicious! I never knew you had to rig it up with a ladder! Probably helps when you need to get it out? Glad you could spend your day with family!

Linda said...

Yum! I've always wanted to fry a turkey!