Friday, September 19, 2008

First trip to the zoo


We finished the day with a train ride around the zoo.

The giraffes came up really close to us and the kids were able to feed them.

One of the emu's got out of it's cage and was walking around with us. We were a little nervous that it might bite and so left the area quickly.

We went into an enclosed area where we could feed the birds. They were landing all over us and one of them took a bite at Aubrey. I think it hurt her and scared her because she started crying and we quickly left the enclosed bird area.

Aubrey and I as well as our good friends Heidi and her son Alex went to the zoo together. It was Aubrey's first trip to the zoo and I think she had fun. She didn't quite take everything in, but she did get pretty excited to see some of the animals. We went to the petting zoo first and played with the goats. Aubrey would stick out her hand. When the goat licked it she would be so surprized that she would pull away.

4 comments:

mommy princess said...

I love going to the zoo! Your little girl is sooo cute. Drop by my blog I'd love to hear from you.

Linda said...

I bet Aubrey loved the zoo! She is a doll!

Jenae said...

Aubrey is getting so big and I am still so jealous of all that hair you have to play with! She is darling and I love love love the picture of her making a cheesy smile while pushing the stroller. Oh my I was laughing for a while at that one. Darling. I hope you are doing well. It's always nice to hear from you! Take care.

Abarca's said...

Looks like fun! Your blog is so cute!