Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Adventure


The afternoon started out with me deciding to make a pumpkin roll. It is a cake with cream cheese over the top and then you roll it so it looks like a log with filling inside. Mom used to make it when we were growing up. So, I make the cake and then wrapped it in a kitchen hand towel that was sprinkled with powdered sugar. I put it in the frig to cool, and then took it out to put the filling inside. Once the filling was inside I rolled it up and wrapped it in plastic wrap and put it back into the frig to cool. I folded up the hand towel that was now covered in powdered sugar and walnuts because I was going to rinse it out before using it again or washing it. I then proceeded to make dinner. I put Aubrey in her bouncy chair and as I was making dinner I saw her push. That can only mean one thing and I knew I would need to change her. But I was in the middle of making dinner and then Paul got a few emails, etc. and I completely forgot about the diaper. We ate dinner with Aubrey still in her bouncy chair and about the time we were finished she started to whine. She was getting hungry so I got up and made her a bottle. Paul started to pick Aubrey up in order to hold and feed her but stopped when I gasped and started laughing! She had poop oozing out of her diaper and it had gotten all over the bouncy chair. Paul proceeded to clean Aubrey up while I started to clean the bouncy chair. He needed my help because Aubrey kept putting her hands in her diaper. I came over and held her hands and it was apparent that she needed a bath. So off to the bathroom we went and I started to give Aubrey a bath while Paul cleaned out her clothes...and they were chunky and nasty! I finished giving Aubrey a bath and took her into the bedroom where I was putting a diaper on Aubrey and some clean clothes when I heard "Oh my word". For Paul, that is a pretty big expression. And you should have heard his tone. I asked him what was wrong and looked down the hall to see powdered sugar all over his suit pants and clothes! I could not contain my laughter! He started cleaning up the bouncy chair and himself. He went to wipe his hands off after washing them and used the hand towel that I had make the cake with! It was hilarious! So now we have a daughter who is hungry and a husband with powdered sugar all over him and poop everywhere!!! It was a pretty funny night! Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

You two are hilarious! Oh, and by the way, I thought the pumpkin roll was so yummy . . . and I am not exaggerating either!

Anonymous said...

Wow! you guys realy had a hard time keeping clean. I wish I could have saw that!